Are you looking for some new creative ideas for your holiday gift list? Apple Wellness owner, Becki O’Brien, created a series of video tutorials to help you put together some DIY gifts that will have your family and friends smiling in appreciation. Take advantage of her creativity, or add a twist of your own. Either way, these simple gifts are sure to please!
how to create your diy essential oil holiday gift
Essential oils are more popular than ever, and for good reason. Their delightful aromas can bring peace, soothe anxiety, clear moods, boost the immune system, shoo away the sniffles and more. If you are unfamiliar with essential oils the thought of purchasing them for someone may seem overwhelming – there are so many to choose from! Check out some of our suggestions below.
It’s all in the packaging? Well, not completely but a pretty and creative package is lots of fun. Check out our video tutorial DIY Essential Oil Holiday Gift and you will have a present that looks amazing! (no creativity required on your part 😉
Mention this video to one of our Wellness Consultants and receive a 15% discount on products used to create your DIY Essential Oil Holiday Gift!
Our Fitchburg location is providing muslin bags and other supplies needed to pack your own DIY Essential Oil Holiday Gift. (These supplies are free while they last!)
only three easy steps
Here are the simple steps you need to follow to create a memorable and useful gift for any athlete in your life.
- Gather some tissue paper, a muslin gift bag, three different essential oils, a roller bottle, and a ball diffuser.
- Lightly scrunch the tissue paper and place it in the muslin bag. Slip the essential oils and the roller bottle into the bag. Remover the diffuser from its packaging. Slide diffuser and diffuser pads into the bag. Pull the drawstrings to close it.
- Add some twine, a pretty ornament, and gift tag to complete the festive holiday look!
You could make up several of these in just a few minutes!
help! What oils should I include?
Here are a few essential oil suggestions to guide you:
- A Beginner: Balsam Fir, Frankincense, Lavender, Lemon, Sweet Orange, Tea Tree
- A Friend that Loves to Entertain? Check out these oils that help purify the air and create a party atmosphere: Balsam Fir, Myrrh, Peppermint, Rosemary Cineol 1.8, Sweet Orange, Tea Tree
- A Student? These oils increase mental alertness and concentration: Himalayan Cedar, Frankincense, Myrrh, Peppermint, Australian Sandalwood, Rosemary Cineol 1.8
- Oils to Shoo Fears Away: Basil, Lavender, Marjoram, Melissa, Rosemary Cineol 1.8, Ylang Ylang
- Calming Oils that Increase Attention: Lavender, Frankincense, Himalayan Cedar, Vetiver
- Trouble Sleeping: Chamomile, Lavender, Sweet Orange, Frankincense, Australian Sandalwood
You could include some of our Kid Safe essential oils from Plant Therapy. An assortment of essential oil blends would also be nice to in this gift bag.
other DIY Videos in this series
- DIY Natural Beauty Holiday Gift
- DIY Holiday Gift for Athletes
- DIY Gluten Free Holiday Gift
apple wellness – the healthy place
Apple Wellness is a vitamin and supplement store serving the Dane County Wisconsin area. We have two locations – Fitchburg and Sun Prairie. If you have questions about the supplements you are taking, or are wondering if supplements could support or improve your health, stop in and talk to one of our Wellness Consultants. They will answer your questions and provide information to guide your choices.
We also carry an extensive line of organic essential oils and aromatherapy supplies. Stop in and check it out – this part of store is growing rapidly with new products appearing on a regular basis.
We want to help you find your healthy place!