Organic Lavender, Extra, Bulgarian Essential Oil has a pleasing scent and wide range of therapeutic benefits. Its refreshing, floral scent harmonizes with your nervous system to create a deep sense of well-being. It is well-known for its ability to heal burns and wounds, and rejuvenate and cleanse the skin. With its mothering energy and soothing aroma, it’s often the first choice for treatment of insomnia and stress-related conditions.
- Burns: Topical Application using a 5% dilution rate (25 drops essential oil to 1 tablespoon carrier oil)
- Wounds, Cuts, Sores: Compress, Undiluted in minute quantities (Helichrysum is preferable for large injuries)
- Scars: Topical Application
- Sore Muscles: Topical Application
- Anxiety: Diffusion, Topical Application, Aromatic Bath
- Sleep Disturbances: Diffusion, Topical Application
PLEASE NOTE: Do not use undiluted except in very small amounts on burns, cuts, and sores. Apply appropriate dilution rates for all essential oils.
- Generally non-irritating, non-sensitizing, and nontoxic.
- Lavender Oil is one of the most frequently adulterated essential oils. Be sure that you are using a pure product!
- Do not use internally.
Lavender is native to the Mediterranean region where it has been used for centuries. Its reputation as the great universal healer has been documented for over 2,500 years. Because of it pleasing scent and varied therapeutic applications, cultivation has spread throughout Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and North and South America.
The Romans prized Lavender for its antiseptic qualities and lovely aroma. They used it in their baths and to scent clothing, beds and linens. It was also used during the great plagues of Europe to repel the fleas that carried disease.
Perfumeries continue to prize lavender for its ability to add depth, complexity and romance to their blends.
- PURITY: In-house gas chromatographic with chiral columns analysis of every batch of oils to ensure that they are 100% derived from the botanical species indicated. Amrita essential oils are clearly labeled with the botanical species as a guarantee that the oil fully originates from the species listed and is not cut with cheaper oils or synthetics. Gas chromatographic analysis ensures that no “nature-identical” compounds are present. Testing every essential oil batch when it arrives, as practiced by Amrita, would be cost-prohibitive for an essential oil company that has to rely on an outside GC lab. And spot-testing, or simply relying on vendors’ information, is not sufficient to ensure the purity of the oils
- ASCERTAINING THERAPEUTIC QUALITY: Amrita uses gas chromatography to verify that every oil contains the necessary chemical profile to ensure its therapeutic usefulness.
- SELECTIVE SOURCING: Amrita seeks out essential oils that have been grown by the best cultivars in the optimum climatic and soil conditions. The plants are then properly harvested and prepared, and the oils are extracted using a low-heat methodology that is free of toxic chemicals. Dr. Streicher has developed strong relationships with hundreds of essential oil producers since he founded Amrita in 1989. He is able to choose the highest quality and most therapeutic oils from his regular suppliers.
- ORGANIC WHENEVER POSSIBLE: Amrita chooses essential oils from wild-crafted or organically farmed plants whenever possible. Every product labeled as certified organic has been verified by third party regulators to have been grown, harvested, distilled and handled without pesticides, chemicals and other toxic ingredients – according to the USDA/NOP standards.
- SCENT MATTERS: Amrita selects essential oils whose fragrance spectrum is lively, rich and whole.
about Amrita aromatherapy
Dr. Christoph Streicher, founder and president of Amrita, was mentored by Jacques Paltz, a world-renowned authority of the use of essential oils for both healing and personal care. He also studied with Indian Ayurvedic physicians to learn the time-tested therapeutic practice of using essential oils for increasing vitality and balance. This training, combined with a Master’s degree in Biochemistry, and a Ph.D. in Physiology enable him to critically evaluate the biochemistry of essential oils to select those most suitable for use with our human physiology.
Through his studies, Dr. Streicher, became aware that most essential oils on the market are denatured in some way. He envisioned building a company that would be a trustworthy source of pure essential oils. It was through this process that Amrita Aromatherapy was born.
Apple Wellness is a vitamin and nutrition store with two locations – Sun Prairie, WI and Fitchburg, WI. We serve customers throughout Dane county, including the communities of Middleton and Verona with products ranging from vitamins and supplements to sports nutrition to gluten free foods to essential oils. We love to meet and talk to our customers. Call or stop in either of our two locations and check out our extensive line of essential oils and other aromatherapy supplies.
Apple Wellness – We want to help you find your healthy place!
Disclaimer: The statements made on this page have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). They are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician or healthcare provider. The information provided is not a substitute for a face-to-face consultation with a healthcare provider, and should not be construed as medical advice.