OrganicAustralian Sandalwood Essential Oil is produced in the western and southern regions of Australia. Amrita has chosen this particular source as an ecologically responsible and economical alternative to the more exotic and expensive Indian Sandalwood essential oil. This oil is produced in a sustainably managed plantations. Western Australia is home to the world’s largest sustainable sandalwood reserve, covering 1.6 million square kilometers (approximately three times the size of France). Australian Sandalwood and Indian Sandalwood share similar therapeutic properties and scent.
The soft woody aroma of Australian Sandalwood instills a sense of inner peace, making it useful for emotional support. This is a versatile oil with many therapeutic uses.
- Bronchitis, Laryngitis, Catarrh, Cough: Direct Inhalation. Steam Inhalation.
- Strep Throat: Direct Inhalation. Steam Inhalation. *
- Skin Support – chapped, dry, rashes, acne, scars, stretch marks: Topical Application.
- Immune Support: Diffusion. Direct Inhalation. Topical Application. Whole Body Massage. Aromatic Bath.
- Emotional Support – depression, anxiety, stress: Diffusion. Whole Body Massage. Aromatic Bath.
- Insomnia: Diffusion. Whole Body Massage. Aromatic Bath.
- Loss of Libido: Diffusion. Whole Body Massage. Aromatic Bath.
- Urinary Tract Health: Aromatic Bath.
- Cardiac Fatigue: Topical Application. Compress. Whole Body Massage. Aromatic Bath.
- Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting: Topical Application. Compress.
Sandalwood does NOT work in a nebulizing diffuser.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not use undiluted. Apply appropriate dilution rates for all essential oils.
- Non-toxic, non-irritating, non-sensitizing
- Do not use internally
- PURITY: In-house gas chromatographic with chiral columns analysis of every batch of oils to ensure that they are 100% derived from the botanical species indicated. Amrita essential oils are clearly labeled with the botanical species as a guarantee that the oil fully originates from the species listed and is not cut with cheaper oils or synthetics. Gas chromatographic analysis ensures that no “nature-identical” compounds are present. Testing every essential oil batch when it arrives, as practiced by Amrita, would be cost-prohibitive for an essential oil company that has to rely on an outside GC lab. And spot-testing, or simply relying on vendors’ information, is not sufficient to ensure the purity of the oils
- ASCERTAINING THERAPEUTIC QUALITY: Amrita uses gas chromatography to verify that every oil contains the necessary chemical profile to ensure its therapeutic usefulness.
- SELECTIVE SOURCING: Amrita seeks out essential oils that have been grown by the best cultivars in the optimum climatic and soil conditions. The plants are then properly harvested and prepared, and the oils are extracted using a low-heat methodology that is free of toxic chemicals. Dr. Streicher has developed strong relationships with hundreds of essential oil producers since he founded Amrita in 1989. He is able to choose the highest quality and most therapeutic oils from his regular suppliers.
- ORGANIC WHENEVER POSSIBLE: Amrita chooses essential oils from wild-crafted or organically farmed plants whenever possible. Every product labeled as certified organic has been verified by third party regulators to have been grown, harvested, distilled and handled without pesticides, chemicals and other toxic ingredients – according to the USDA/NOP standards.
- SCENT MATTERS: Amrita selects essential oils whose fragrance spectrum is lively, rich and whole.
about Amrita aromatherapy
Dr. Christoph Streicher, founder and president of Amrita, was mentored by Jacques Paltz, a world-renowned authority of the use of essential oils for both healing and personal care. He also studied with Indian Ayurvedic physicians to learn the time-tested therapeutic practice of using essential oils for increasing vitality and balance. This training, combined with a Master’s degree in Biochemistry, and a Ph.D. in Physiology enable him to critically evaluate the biochemistry of essential oils to select those most suitable for use with our human physiology.
Through his studies, Dr. Streicher, became aware that most essential oils on the market are denatured in some way. He envisioned building a company that would be a trustworthy source of pure essential oils. It was through this process that Amrita Aromatherapy was born.
Apple Wellness is a vitamin and nutrition store with two locations – Sun Prairie, WI and Fitchburg, WI. We serve customers throughout Dane county, including the communities of Middleton and Verona with products ranging from vitamins and supplements to sports nutrition to gluten free foods to essential oils. We love to meet and talk to our customers. Call or stop in either of our two locations and check out our extensive line of essential oils and other aromatherapy supplies.
Apple Wellness – We want to help you find your healthy place!
Disclaimer: The statements made on this page have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). They are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician or healthcare provider. The information provided is not a substitute for a face-to-face consultation with a healthcare provider, and should not be construed as medical advice.