Author Diana Konkle introduces readers to Baking with Einkorn, an ancient grain with a simple gluten structure, making it an alternative for gluten sensitive individuals. This amazing cookbook features traditional recipes remade using Einkorn and reduced sugar, recipes that are delicious and healthy!
- More than 50 favorite traditional recipes made over using Einkorn
- Tips and guidelines on how the author reduced the refined sugar content by at least half in most of her recipes
- Suggestions on how to do a pantry makeover, restocking with minimally processed and healthy ingredients
- Recipes with simple, detailed instructions and many color photos
table of contents
- Part I: Better for You Baking
- Baking with Einkorn
- Baking with Less Sugar
- Baking with Essential Oils
- Adding Color to Baked Goods
- Part II: Pantry Makeover
- Pantry Organization
- Pantry Ingredients
- Tools and Equipment
- Part III: Recipes
- Breads and Pastries
- Pies and Tarts
- Cakes and Cupcakes
- Healthy Snacks and Bars
- Miscellaneous Fun
Growing up in the heartland of America, Diana acquired her love of baking from her mother and grandmother. She utilized her baking skills as the owner and operator of Diana’s Confection Connection, a speciality shop featuring homemade confections and baked goods in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin. Her first cookbook, Favorite Recipes from Diana’s Confection Connection, featured customer favorites and culinary secrets.
As Diana’s focus on health and wellness began to expand she learned about the negative effect of hybridized flour and processed sugars on the body. This knowledge launched her mission to change her diet and educate others to make better bakery and snack choices. This cookbook is filled with her famous recipes, reformulated into better-for-you versions!