VITAPQQ PROTECTS THE MITOCHONDRIA
In 2003, the prestigious journal Nature reported on the discovery of PQQ — the first new vitamin discovered since 1948. Unlike any of the other 13 known vitamins, PQQ has specific benefits for the mitochondria — the “power plants” of our cells that generate energy. Scientific evidence suggests that mitochondrial damage is one of the main causes of aging.
- The first dietary supplement to feature BioPQQ, a patented form of PQQ
- VitaPQQ was recognized by the highly prestigious Nutracon “Best New Finished Product of the Year” award
- Protects mitochondria from oxidation.
- Stimulates the production of new mitochondria.
- Enhances mitochondrial function.
- Slows aging through enhanced mitochondrial activity.
- Improves short-term memory and focus.
- Protects, improves and maintains cognitive function as we age.
- Protects the brain from Alzheimer’s by reducing amyloid formation. It also protects the brain from the neurotoxic effects of existing amyloid deposits. Amyloid is an abnormal protein that accumulates in the brain in Alzheimer’s patients.
- Use after a heart attack was shown to reduce damaged areas in the heart.
- Has been used successfully in treating patients with Parkinson’s disease.
- Animal evidence that hasn’t yet been applied to humans include possible benefits to insulin resistance, as a growth factor, and nerve growth outside the brain.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Take 1 vegicap in the morning.
- Best taken with meals.
In a peer-reviewed publication, researchers at the University of California at Davis published findings showing that PQQ’s “critical role in growth and development stems from its unique ability to activate cell signaling pathways directly involved in cellular energy metabolism, development and function”. The study showed that PQQ is part of a process of mitochondrial biogenesis. Which means that it is able to generate new mitochondria within aging cells.
Why is that important? The mitochondria are the powerhouses (or energy factories) of all the body’s cells. It is where oxidation of fuel takes place and where molecules rich in energy are generated to power necessary biochemical reactions. Our cells need mitochondria to live and function properly. Interestingly, PQQ also acts as a REDOX agent. What that means is it works in an antioxidant role to reduce oxidation before it is recycled by glutathione back into its active form, to be used again. It seems to be able to go through several thousand of these cycles before being used up.
Quality of Life® makes two supplements containing PQQ: VitaPQQ and Enhanced PQQ**. Both of these are available at Apple Wellness. Our founder and owner, Tim O’Brien, believes Quality of Life to be one of his top three companies. Since 1998 this company has been living its mission of providing American consumers with life-changing nutraceutical ingredients. They are an industry leader in bringing clinically supported ingredients to the consumer, and at an affordable price.
**Enhanced PQQ is a blend of PQQ and CoQ10. This combination has been shown in a Japanese study to enhance cognitive function to a higher level than PQQ alone.
If you have any questions regarding Vita PQQ or need help choosing supplements that meet your unique needs, please contact us. We love to answer your questions! You can also stop in our store, located in Madison, Wisconsin. Our goal is to help you “Find Your Healthy Place”!
ABOUT QUALITY OF LIFE
Incorporated in 1998, Quality of Life was established with the mission to provide American consumers with access to AHCC (medicinal mushroom extract) and other life-changing nutraceutical ingredients. For over a decade, Quality of Life has been the leader in bringing clinically backed ingredients from all over the world in finished product form to the U.S. market.
Not all formulas on the market use meaningful dosages of key ingredients. What sets Quality of Life’s formulas apart is that they take only clinically researched ingredients for specific health conditions and formulate them into products consistent with suggested dosages.